Saturday 11 August 2012

Our New "Baby" . . .

Lots of photos today of  our new dog: BEAR.  We adopted him from the SPCA.  He was found locked in a room in a yard and starving.  He has been at the SPCA for a month.  You can tell he is still rather skinny from the photos but we will "feed him up".  He looks very mean but is really very gentle and affectionate with us.  However, I dont think anyone will just walk into the yard with him on guard!  We only got him yesterday so there is still a lot of adjusting for him to do.  He has to get used to the other dogs , I think he was an "only dog" where he lived before. We do not know anything about his previous owners or his previous life.  We think he's a boerboel-ridgeback cross.  and we estimate him to be about 4 years old.
I had quite a challenge trying to get him to pose for me...

Now for something arty....
Yesterday's scrapbooking class was great fun.  I used some of the techniques that I have been learning in my Creative E-Course...  painting, stencilling and "decoupage"  (Thanks for the inspiration Regina!!)
This is the page we created:

And this week my scrapbooking class money went to the purchasing of a range of new paints that I need to complete my assignments for my creative e-course.  And what fun it was to choose all these lovely colours:
It's going to be a happy creative weekend. . . . . .





No comments: