Monday 8 October 2012

More Art Journal Pages...

Hello all

Hope that you are all well and being very productive and CREATIVE this week already!

Here are some of my recent Art Journal pages for inspiration:

This is the double page spread of the purple haired lady page. The background for the quote page is a cheapie handkerchief - which I glued to the page using Dala Gel Medium (magic stuff!!!) Then I added some oil pastel colour to it - to make it blend with the portrait on the opposite page and printed the quote on my PC and adhered it with gel medium.

This page was done with oil pastels, acrylic paint, scraps of patterned paper and rubber stamps with Brilliance black ink.  I was really happy with how this one turned out.  It has such nice texture.


The portrait was done with oil pastels.  The background on the quote page was done with oil pastels and brayered over with white acrylic paint. I glued the little singing bird on and the butterfly and once again printed the quote on my pc and glued it on with gel medium.


These drawings were done while watching a video tutorial by Tam at Willowing.ning.com .  I then decided that I liked them so much that I glued them into my new journal - made from a recycled book.  I was testing out my new Promarkers so they are coloured in with those. Tam presents a free e-course called ART, HEART & HEALING -which is what I am doing at the moment .  She is a fantastic teacher.

This is a page Idid on a day that I was not feeling so great and didnt want to do anything too taxing- so I just doodled some flowers and coloured them in with art markers.

This is a simple little oil pastel drawing which I really enjoyed doing.

This is a collage page using scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, stickers, black marker and little very thin wooden bits from a broken chinese fan (the fence).  Absolutely love this page and the quotation!

This page you have seen before (unfinished)  .  I am so inspired by this quotation and the page turned out quite well I think!  I used acrylics which are actually for painting bisque work (ceramics) and I stenciled and stamped on some images plus did some spattering with a toothbrush and added a "fabric patch" onto which I adhered some stickers to make the word "HOPE".


And finally I want to leave you with this question:  WHAT IF ? 

What if . . .   you started dreaming again?
                    you started believing for the best again - despite all the disappointments?
                    you started giving thanks again -  even when things are at their worst?
                    you decided to just be happy - no matter what the circumstances?
                    
WHAT IF - TOMORROW YOUR WHOLE LIFE TURNED AROUND FOR THE BETTER?

It can happen - it can - REALLY!

No comments: