Friday 13 July 2012

A Touch of Whimsey...

a whimsical little painting I did recently . mixed media on canvass.

One of my favourite things to paint is trees.  I am a real tree-hugger.  This is also mixed-media on canvass. Below is a close up of the texture detail where I used tissue paper and gauze.

And these little recycled cans (baked beans, sweetcorn etc) that I have been having great fun making, were inspired by Lisa Kaus's "tinnies".  You can view her beautiful tinnies on her blog: www.lisakaus.blogspot.com
My tinnies are made with fabric, lace and ribbons, with large wooden beads for feet. Just wish I had more hours in a day to do up all the tins I have collected.

I hope that you will have a wonderful creative weekend.  LIVE  LAUGH  LOVE.

'HOW MANY CHARMING TALENTS HAVE BEEN SPOILED BY THE INSTILLED DESIRE TO DO "IMPORTANT" WORK.  SOME PEOPLE ARE BORN TO LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS.  SOME ARE BORN TO JUGGLE WITH GOLDEN BALLS." 
-Max Beerholm-

No comments: