Saturday 14 July 2012

It's Weekend Again...

Time to bake cookies to fill up the cookie jar.  I got lazy and made crunchies instead. soooo much easier. And I love the crunchy chewiness of them.  Also, because they have oats in them, I can con myself  that they are healthy for me (lol).
My Recipe:

tsp salt
1/3 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cake flour
2 cups oats
2 cups desc. coconut
250ml Stork Bake margarine (or butter)

Mix all dry ingredients in bowl. Add syrup and melted margarine.
Mix well.
Press into lined or greased baking tray.
Bake at 180 C for 30 mins.
Cut into squares while hot.
Leave in baking tray to cool.
Remove and store in airtight container.

 In between the baking and gardening I was  making handmade greetings cards for a local gift shop. That's what I call "CREATIVE CHAOS" !

And this is my "evenings in front of the tv" project.  A crochet blanket done in masculine colours (way out of my comfort zone).
Last weekend's quickie craft project.  I was very envious of  some "country" cushions I saw on a blogsite and decided : "hey I can do that"!  So I sewed these up in a morning.  They add a  new look to my bedroom and they have a  vintage and nostalgic feel to them.
WHAT IS YOUR CREATIVE PROJECT FOR THE WEEKEND? I would love to hear from you.

"THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN ORDINARY DAY"   (Anon)


No comments: