Wednesday 11 July 2012

Books to REALLY inspire you...

I thought I'd mention a few of my favourite books today.
Kelly Rae Roberts' TAKING FLIGHT is a book I bought in 2009 and I must have read it about 20 times by now. Plus I have surely referred to it uncountable times for help with techniques etc.  It's one of those books that changes your life.  It's one of my favourite  treasures. (Available from www.kalahari.com in SA)

Another great book I purchased recently is Brene Brown's THE GIFTS OF IMPERFECTION.  If you struggle with perfectionism or you are very fearful to try new things - read this book. (Also available from www.kalahari.com in SA).

Thirdly, I love Stormie Omartian's new book THE PRAYER THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING. This is a book that will encourage you and give you new hope.  A must read if you are feeling despondent, sick, depressed or are struggling with doubt, grief or even financial challenges.

Below is a photo of one of my paintings which was inspired by Kelly Rae's book:





"YES, I AM IMPERFECT AND VULNERABLE AND SOMETIMES AFRAID, BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH THAT I AM ALSO BRAVE AND WORTHY OF LOVE AND BELONGING."
-Brene Brown-

No comments: