Friday 25 January 2013

Week 4/52 (Create)....

This is already week four of the 52 weeks of Art Journaling Challenge-
can you believe it?
This week Dianna chose the word "CREATE".
I created a simple, fun and unlaboured journal page for this weeks word.
I covered my pages with some very bright scrapbook paper.  Then made a panel on the left page to put the message of my page "I live to create".   I painted over the scrapbook paper with the "credit card" technique using Primrose Yellow and Lime Green acrylic paint, leaving some bits of the background pattern peeking through.  I stamped the word "create" all over both pages with black ink.
 To the right hand page I added strips of scrapbook paper and wrote some of the creative things I enjoy doing onto them. I emphasized the words by coloring around them with Tangerine watercolor pencil.
I then added sketchy black lines to the corners of the large panel and the words .


I love how this page turned out! That's the thing with Art Journaling - its unpredictable - you just keep going with the page until you are happy with the results - I never start with a set idea or picture in my mind- I allow the page to develop and decide on its own personality.
This takes away the "intimidating" part of  starting with a blank white page - You just add one element that you like (eg: the scrapbook patterned paper that I added to the background) and then just let it flow from there. So relaxing - so free- so FUN!

See Dianna's beautiful "CREATE" page HERE.

Have a happy, creative and blessed weekend!
much love
Angella

2 comments:

Jen Leeflang said...

Angella - this is so creative - I love it!!!

Dianna said...

This page has a totally fun vibe! I really like how you have all the ways you like to create on your page!