Sunday 20 January 2013

Week 3 of 52....

Dianna gave us the word "FRIENDSHIP" for this week's art journal challenge.  I decided to do a layered mixed media page. The first layer was some beautiful patterned paper.  I then added pieces of a paper doily and pieces of pages torn from an old atlas. I covered with a wash of pale yellow and also some turquoise acrylic paint. I stamped images and text onto the page with black ink and also some with white gesso. I stamped on the word "friendship" and I printed the quote on my PC and cut it into strips and added to the page.  Had lots of fun with this one!


See Dianna's  "Friendship" journal page HERE.

"What we are is God's gift to us. 
What we become is our gift to God."
-Eleanor Powell-

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Your page is awesome! I love the quote and how the colors all blend together!