Sunday 19 May 2013

Recycling and Playing with Paint....

This week I suffered from a severe migrane which lasted 3 days and I was just generally feeling very tired and low- in hopes of cheering myself up I "forced" myself to sit in my studio and just "play" with paint ( doing anything significant was out of the question!)
I was quite surprised at how much I loved the two "just-for-fun" projects I managed to finish......

I tore these out of old Stampington  magazines because the paper had such a nice texture and I was at first going to make hand-painted postcards and then changed my mind and decided to make myself an INSPIRATION BANNER instead.

I  added doilies,  and paper serviettes to the "flags" with Gel Medium.

I painted the backs with Gesso to strengthen the "flags".

Then I painted some bright & simple, fun designs onto the fronts of the flags with craft acrylics.

I printed out inspirational sayings and added them to my flags with Gel Medium.
I put eyelets onto each flag and threaded jute string thru them to hang them.

I decided to hang them on my shelves where I keep all my paints etc in my studio.

This banner was inspired by the one I saw here .

I also sat down with some simple designs in mind to make a set of four mixed media paintings.
I used water colour paints and oil pastels on Bockingford 190gsm watercolour paper for these:

Wishing you a very happy, fun  and creative Sunday.
much love
Angella

"Knowledge speaks but Wisdom listens"
-Jimi Hendrix-


4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a pretty and cheerful little banner. Wonderful idea.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

What a super project from talented Angella. Did you know that only people with high intelligence suffer from migraine? That's you and me, kid!

Regina said...

Beautiful Angella!!

Teresa Jaye said...

I just love your bright, cheery designs. I'm sure getting creative helped you migraines and will pray that you continue to stay well. Hugs!